Thursday, January 21, 2010

'It was only a kiss'

Those who know me will probably know how much I love music. I have something playing almost all the time (at this very moment? Zelda by the Lonely H just in case you were wondering).
I have never found it easy to categorize what type of music I love. I have leanings for certain -- alternative, singer-songwriter type stuff -- but in general, I just love music.

That being said there are some songs that evoke just a little more in me. These songs may not even come right to mind when I am thinking of those "Favorite Songs" that we are all supposed to have, but there is something about them.

One such song for me is Mr. Brightside by The Killers. I have loved that song since the first time I heard it and have been singing along with it ever since. Of course, it got a little too much airplay for my taste and I grew a little tired of it for awhile, but it is an older song now, and when it happens to play, well, it just puts a smile on my face.

I love that. This little 3:43 second song (yes, I just looked that up :)) can, at least for a few seconds, make me forget the traffic I am sitting in, or the deadline stress I am facing or any of the other myriad of things that so occupy my mind.


"Jealousy, turning saints into the seas
Swimming through sick lullabies..."

The Killers

No comments:

Post a Comment